![]() |
| That translated reads: We charge 1 rupee for filling air. |
in my first year of law school we had an alcoholics anonymous orientation.
obviously. that is essential if you go to a school like this in a city practically owned by Vijay Mallya and United Breweries.
But that's not the point.
the point is that one of the slides we were shown had a line
An excuse for drinking: "I'm Punjabi, what do you expect?"
That coupled with how regionalism comes naturally to me, i always flaunted my gujarati-ness.
So the traits I take for granted as a result of being Gujarati are:
1) Money
i can count it. I can make it. I can spend it only on myself. True story.
But no, my father is not a diamond merchant. And i don't own a helicopter.
2) Dhokla
I don't eat dhokla and thepla for every meal. But yes, my mom sends it in stock as substitute for meals when I can't stand south indian food.
3) Details
in born business acumen. Exists.
4) Bombay
ofcourse it's different from Maharashtra. We just don't care enough to fight with Thackeray about it. There's a reason Bombay High Court functions in Gujarati.
5) communalism
Why deny. we don't want to kill. that's just modi. we just judge. Ofcourse you can be a customer.
6) Dandiya
My dancing skills go beyond dandiya. Believe it.
NO. My family is nothing like the K serials.


4 comments:
Trying to find Dhokla in Chennai for sometime now!!!
LAST WEEK to participate in LACE BELT GIVEAWAY
Bird Watch-Tawny Eagle
:D that's it, flaunt away..
Nice post...
Your blog is supremely entertaining. Please don't let a little thing like law school come in the way of the Bombay/Gujju-ness of your writing. :-)
Thank you :D
Just telling it like it is.
Post a Comment